Welcome to Oaklands College Exams Department. Please find below important information about the rules and regulations for your examinations. It is essential that you read through all the guidance before you attend any examinations at the College.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the exam start time.
- Listen to, and act upon, the invigilator’s instructions.
- Be silent when you enter the room and behave in line with the college’s code of conduct at all times.
- Stay seated and use your full exam time.
Please Remember to Bring your Photo ID
You may not be able to take your examination without it.
- For on-line exams your tutor will inform you.
- For nationally-set exams like GCSEs and A Levels you’ll receive an exam timetable in the post.
- You will receive copies of the regulations in the post, on OakExtra or via your teacher.
- Your photo ID
- All necessary equipment for the exam e.g. a black pen, pencil, calculator (no stored information or lids allowed), protractor
NB the college does not supply these.
- A see-through pencil case/glasses case - no writing allowed.
The things you can't take into your exam are...
- Bags, coats, hats, food and labeled drinks (only water in a clear sports-cap bottle).
- Mobile phone, Ipods, Ipads, MP3/4 players, IWatches/watches or any web-enabled technology.
- Any notes or written materials
- You’ll receive an email from the Exams Department confirming the approved arrangements.
- If you’ve not received an email there will be no arrangements in place.